With fresh greens and plenty of flavour this makes spaghetti interesting.
From: Allston, Darlene (Dec 2020) Meal for One in: Australian Healthy Food Guide
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g spaghetti
- 1 medium zucchini, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- ½ cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 50g lean ham, finelyt chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon shredded basil, plus extra leaves, to garnish
- Place the stock into a medium saucepan with 1 cup of water. Set over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Add garlic clove and pasta. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Add the zucchini and cook for 30 seconds.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the cooking liquid and drain the pasta and zucchini; return to pan. Discard the garlic. Return to the pan to low heat. Add the spinach and ham, and stir gently until spinach begins to wilt.
- Whisk the egg yolk, reserved cooking liquid and parmesan together. Add to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the basil and season with cracked black pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with extra basil leaves.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: