Chef Ray – Banana, Raspberry & Walnut Loaf
This is the perfect snack post training or to get your through the afternoon.
From: Cameron-Lee, Megan; in Healthy Food Guide Healthier Baking & Sweets (2019) Healthy Life Media
Serves 12 slices
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped pitted dried dates
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped walnuts, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3 banana’s)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or essence
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Heat oven to 180°C/355°F. Grease a 9cm x 19cm x 5.5cm load tin and line with baking paper.
- Set a medium saucepan over a low-medium heat. Add dates to pan with 1 cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes, or until dates soften and start to break down. Remove saucepan from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and walnuts. Add date mixture, banana, vanilla and eggs. Sir until just combined. Fold raspberries through mixture.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared tin. Smooth surface with the back of a spoon, scatter with extra nuts and back for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre of loaf comes out clean.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery. Click here to purchase.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: