Chef Ray – Deluxe Scrambled Egg with Spinach and Salmon
A delicious and healthy meal that works as a great breakfast or a light lunch (or even dinner).
From: Bezzant, Niki; Single Serve In (Mar 17) Healthy Food Guide
- oil spray
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 2 cups chopped spinach or silver beet leaves
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup trim milk
- ¼ cup creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- black pepper, to season
- 50g sliced smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 slice grainy bread, toasted, optional
- Heat a pan over a medium-low heat and spray with oil. Add spring onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add spinach and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until wilted and tender. Remove spinach from pan and set aside; keep warm.
- Combine eggs, milk and creamed corn in a jug and mix together well. Spray pan with a little more oil and add egg mixture. Cook, stirring gently, until egg is just set. Add parmesan and mix gently. Season with pepper.
- Serve eggs with smoked salmon, spinach, yoghurt and chives. Serve with toast if desired.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published last year: