Chef Ray – Green Salsa Steak
A delicious and healthy meal, that looks great to serve up for guests as well as your family. I served this up for my brother and his wife when they came for dinner a couple of weeks ago.
From: Swain, Sarah; Top It Off In (Mar 14) Healthy Food Guide
- ½ cup fresh coriander
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup rice
- ⅓ cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4x 120g lean beef steaks
- sprinkling of ground paprika or chilli flakes
- oil spray
- 3 courgettes, halved
- Place topping ingredients in a processor and process until a chunky topping forms. Adjust seasoning. Set aside and chill.
- To make pilaf, cook rice. Drain and mix with dates, chickpeas and capsicums.
- Season steak with paprika. Heat a non-stick pan until hot with a little spray oil and cook courgettes for 2 minutes each side. Set aside. Cook steaks to your liking and serve topped with salsa and with rice and courgettes on the side.
As I had a green capsicum in the fridge I used a green capsicum instead of a red one.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published last year: