Chef Ray – Coconut Peanut Chicken Curry
I whipped this together easily one night whilst visiting my brother and his wife. Delicious, healthy, easy and qwik to make.
From: Bezzant, Niki; 5pm Panic In (Jan 17) Healthy Food Guide
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt, no-added-sugar peanut butter
- 400g skinless chicken thighs, sliced into chunks
- ½ a 400ml can of reduced-fat coconut milk
- 3 courgettes, diced
- 1 cup green beans, topped and tailed
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- ⅔ cup canned no-added-salt lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2x 250g pouches ready-steamed brown rice, to serve
- coriander leaves, to serve
- Combine red curry paste and peanut butter and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy-based pan to medium high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add curry paste mixture and stir to combine. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add courgettes and beans and cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until liquid is reduced and chicken is cooked through. Add spinach leaves and peas and cook another minute.
- Prepare rice according to packet instructions. Serve curry with rice, topped with coriander leaves.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.