Chef Ray – Better Than Ice Cream (Vanilla)
If you freeze the bananas ahead of time, this delicious and healthy dessert just takes minutes to whip up (literally).
From: Dixon, Jeremy; (2013) The Revive Cafe Cookbook 3
Makes 2-3 servings
- 2 ripe bananas frozen
- 2 tablespoons runny honey or date puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Take the skin off your bananas and break into small cubes. Freeze overnight (at least 8 hours).
- Put banana, honey (if desired), and the vanilla essence in an s-blade style* food processor and blend. It will start off becoming flakey and clumpy. After around 1 minute it should start to combine and all of a sudden it will develop a creamy texture.
- Sometimes the mixture sticks so it avoids the blades. Either chop the pieces smaller or stop the machine and push the lumps down into the blades. A couple of tablespoons of water can assist, however too much will make the mixture runny so add carefully.
- Serve immediately.
* This recipe will not work in a liquidiser style blender or with a stick blender.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published a couple of years ago: