This literally vanished down the families throats for desert when I prepared it and the kids were looking for seconds.
HFG Chocolate Mousse
- 1 tsp gelatine
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- ½ tsp instant coffee powder
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- ¼ cup sugar
- 70 g dark chocolate
- Place ⅓ cup evaporated milk in the fridge to chill well.
- In a small bowl or jug, dissolve gelatine in boiling water. Add coffee powder and stir until combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine remaining ⅓ cup evaporated milk with sifted cocoa and sugar; stir well to ensure there are no lumps. Break chocolate into small even-sized squares and add to the bowl. Microwave on medium-high for a few minutes until chocolate has melted; stir until smooth. Add gelatine mixture and stir well. Cool at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Remove chilled evaporated milk from fridge and beat until thick peaks stand up by themselves. Fold into cooled chocolate mixture and then divide into six glass dishes or ramekins. Leave in fridge until completely cold and set before serving.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery. Click here to purchase.