Chef Ray: Grilled Chicken with Brown Lentil Salad
A delicious and easy to prepare salad that gives great flavour and a good serving of protein.
From: Lennon, Amanda (Dec 2007) Special Somethings For Everyone in: Healthy Food Guide
- 4x 150g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves, crushed garlic
- 400g can of brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, halved, finely sliced
- ⅓ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 3 slices soy-linseed bread, toasted, cut into 1cm cubes
- lemon wedges to serve
- Combine chicken, balsamic vinegar and 1 garlic clove in a glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Combine lentils, tomatoes, onion, parsley and remaining garlic clove in a glass bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Lightly spray chicken with cooking oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked. Transfer to a plate. Brush with mustard. Cover with foil and set for 5 minutes to rest.
- Combine bread cubes with lentil salad, then divide salad between serving plates. Diagonally cut chicken into 1cm-thick slices and arrange over salad. Serve with lemon wedges.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published last year: