Chef Ray: Broccoli & Cauliflower Gratin with Sausage
This recipe is Keto approved. The Dijon mustard and thyme really bring out the flavours and is a great way to get vegetables into the mouths of children.
From: Aobadia, Anne; Shevtzoff, Emma; Broccoli and cauliflower gratin with sausage https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/broccoli-and-cauliflower-gratin-with-sausage
- 1 leek
- 1 yellow onion
- 450g broccoli, in florets
- 225g cauliflower, in florets
- 450g sausages, in links, precooked links
- 50g butter, for frying
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 240ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- 150g (325ml) shredded cheese
- 60ml fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 225ºC (450ºF).
- Coarsely chop the leek and onion. Chop the broccoli and cauliflower florets into ~2.5cm (1″). Slice the sausage in a separate pan.
- Fry onion and vegetables in butter in one pan and the sausage in a separate pan.
- Put the vegetables in a baking dish, blend the mustard with sour cream and pour over the vegetables.
- Add the sausage and cheese on top and season with thyme.
- Bake in oven on upper rack for 15 minutes.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published last year: