Chef Ray: Fruity Frozen Yoghurt
This is an easy to make healthy recipe that kids and adults will both love.
From: Macri, Liz (Dec 2017) Sweat Treats in: Healthy Food Guide
- 1kg low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ¼ cup icing sugar*, sifted
- 10 canned apricot halves in juice, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, plus extra to decorate
- ¼ cup finely chopped pistachios, plus extra to decorate
- 1 kiwifruit, finely chopped
- Line a 7cm-deep, 9cm x 25cm loaf tin with baking paper, allowing an over hang of 5cm on the 2 long sides.
- In a large bowl, combine yoghurt, lemon juice and zest, and icing sugar. Fold in apricots, blueberries, pistachios and kiwifruit. Pour into prepared tin. Smooth the top. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove tin from freezer 20 minutes prior to serving to allow yoghurt to soften slightly. To serve, turn frozen yoghurt out onto a serving platter and top with chopped pistachios and extra blueberries.
* You can omit the icing sugar in this recipe but the frozen yoghurt will have a slightly icy texture.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published last year: