Chef Ray: Soy Ginger Chicken with Winter Slaw
This is a qwik and simple meal to prepare and the chicken is so delicious when combined with the ginger.
From: Bezzant, Niki (Aug 2018) Single Serve in: Healthy Food Guide
- 150g chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 cup finely chopped red cabbage
- 1½ cups finely chopped silver beet or spinach
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped toasted almonds
- ¼ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F). Line a baking dish with baking paper, place chicken breast on it. In a small bowl or cup, combine soy sauce and ginger and spoon half of the mixture over chicken breast. Bake for 10 minutes, baste with remaining mixture and cook for 5 more minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage, silver beet and almonds. In a small bowl, combine yoghurt and mayonnaise. use two-thirds of this mixture to coat slaw.
- Cut chicken into thin slices. Serve chicken with rice or quinoa and slaw, garnish with sriracha, if using, and remaining yoghurt mayonnaise.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published last year: