Chef Ray – Moroccan Chicken with Chickpea Dip and Grilled Carrot Salad
Flavoursome and easy to prepare this meal is well rounded.
From: Macri, Liz in Ready In 20 Minutes Or Less! (2018) Healthy Life Media
- 2x 400g cans no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons ground cumin
- 12 chicken tenderloins (about 500g raw weight)
- 3 small carrots, peeled in ribbons
- 2 cups green beans, halved lengthways
- 4 cups baby rocket
- In a food processor, place chickpeas, garlic and ⅓ cup of the lemon juice. Blend until almost smooth. Gradually add ¼ cup water until dip is smooth.
- Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of chicken. Spray a large grill pan with oil and set over a high heat. Grill chicken, for 5-7 minutes, adding carrots for last 2 minutes, or until cooked through and carrot is tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil. Cook beans for 1 minute or until just tender. Refresh beans in cold water then drain.
- In a large bowl, place carrots, beans and rocket. Add remaining lemon juice and toss lightly.
- Serve chicken with grilled carrot salad and chickpea dip.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: