Full of flavour, this meal provides the taste of Asian mixed with quality Kiwi southern man style attitude.
Angus Beef Salad
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste or 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup fish sauce
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 600-750g eye fillet or sirloin beef
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 teaspoon sugar
- 8 teaspoons soy sauce
- 8 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1-2 red chillies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons chopped mint
- 5 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 5 teaspoons chopped coriander
- 1 carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum, seeds removed, finely sliced
- ¼ telegraph cucumber, seeds removed, sliced
- 125g mung bean sprouts, picked over
- 80g or about 4 handfuls mesclun salad
- 4 tablespoons cashew nuts, toasted
- 100g crispy noodles
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut beed into thin strips and place in a shallow ceramic or glass dish. Pour over the marinade, tossing well. Leave to marinate for one hour.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well, or in a bowl and whisk.
- Place in a small bowl for serving. Makes ½ cup.
- In a large bowl combine the salad vegetables and the cashew nuts.
- Heat a large frying pan or grill plate over a high heat. In batches so as not to overcrowd the pan, cook the beef strips quickly on both sides.
- To serve: place the salad on a large serving platter or 4 serving plates, scatter over the beef strips and top with the crispy noodles.
- Pass the dressing.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
For more recipes like this one, get the Speight’s Southern Man Cookbook:
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: