Chef Ray – Spiced Fish with Beetroot Raita
This meal combines fresh fish with fresh vegetables with a touch of spice. Delicious and fresh.
From: Allstron, Darlene; 5pm Panic In (Apr 18) Healthy Food Guide
- 4x 150g white fish fillets (such as tarakahi or hoki)
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 medium fresh beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, halved and sliced
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 8 small pappadums, to serve
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish fillets with spices and set aside for a few minutes. In a bowl, place yoghurt, beetroot and spring onions and stir to combine. Season with cracked black pepper. Cover and chill.
- In a separate bowl, combine cucumber and capsicum. In a small jug, whisk together olive oil, vinegar and fresh coriander. Season with black pepper and add to the cucumber salad. Toss to combine. Cover and chill until required.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes each side, or until fish flakes easily with the tip of a fork.
- Divide cucumber salad among 4 plates and top with spiced fish. Serve with a dollop of beetroot raita and 2 pappadums on the side. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published a last year: