Chef Ray: Flourless Chocolate Cake
This cake was easy to prepare and tasted great with plenty of flavour.
From: Lennon, Amanda (Oct 2019) in: Sweet Treats Healthy Food Guide
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat spread
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted, plus extra to dust
- 3 eggs, separated, plus extra 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups hazelnut meal (ground hazelnuts)
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- ½ cup mixed berries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Grease a 20cm round spring-form cake tin. Line the base and sides with baking powder.
- In a heatproof jug, place the coffee and boiling water and stir gently until it dissolves.
- In a saucepan set over a low heat, place spread, chocolate, cocoa powder and coffee mixture and heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, until spread and chocolate are melted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, place egg yolks and brown sugar and beat using an electric mixer for 5 minutes, or until thick. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Combine chocolate mixture with egg yolk mixture and the hazelnut meal and fold together. using a large metal spoon, fold half the egg whites into the mixture until just combined. Fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Into the prepared pan, pour batter and smooth surface. bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool cake completely in pan. Dust with extra cocoa powder.
- Slice the cake and serve with yoghurt and mixed berries.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Download my FREE eBook “Coach Ray’s Five Fav Food’s” by clicking this link: https://qwikkiwicoaching.clickfunnels.com/coachraysfivefavfoods
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: