Yesterday I bumped into an old school friend I haven’t seen for nearly 30 years. He works as a baker, although he didn’t give me any secret recipe he inspired a baked item for today’s post. Good to see you Michael. These cookies are easy to make and the cranberries add to the coconut flavour. For those that need something gluten-free this is perfect.
Cranberry and Coconut Cookies
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup ground linseeds
- 2 cups (140g) gluten-free baking mix
- ⅓ cup (40g) dried cranberries
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 160 g reduced-fat spread
- 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add spread and vanilla and use fingertips to rub into dry mixture. Form 2 balls and shape into fat logs. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When ready to bake heat oven to 180°C, remove plastic warp and cut each log into 8 pieces. Do not flatten. Place on a prepared baking tray and back for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery. Click here to purchase.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: