Chef Ray – Warm Beef and Lentil Salad
Fresh, flavoursome and colourful, providing protein, complex carbs and vitamins.
From: Bezzant, Niki; (2015) In: 5pm Panic 100+ Quick and Easy Meals Volume TWO Healthy Life Media
- 2 large or 4 small beetroot (450g), peeled, sliced into chunks
- 4 cups chopped potato and pumpkin, skin on
- oil spray
- 400g can lentils in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups spinach, washed, drained
- 600g Scotch fillet steak
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix
- ¼ cup vinaigrette dressing made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar: 1 part extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F. Microwave root vegetables on high for 5 minutes. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spray with oil then bake for 25 minutes or until soft and browned.
- Place lentils and spinach in a large bowl and mix together. Spray steak with oil and sprinkle with Moroccan spice mix on both sides. heat a heavy-based pan until hot and cook steak for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest.
- Add roasted vegetables and vinaigrette to salad bowl and mix well. Slice steak in thick slices and add to bowl, mixing gently. Serve salad with meat juices drizzled over. Season with black pepper.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: