Chef Ray – Miso Kale Salad & Salmon
Fresh, flavoursome and whipped up within minutes.
From: Wrench, Scarlett (Apr 2020) in: How to Score Your 10 (Without Becoming A Food Fascist) Men’s Health
- Shallots 2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce 3 Tbsp
- White miso 1 Tbsp
- Rice wine vinegar 2 Tbsp
- White sugar 1 tsp
- English Mustard ½ tsp
- Roasted sesame oil 1½ Tbsp
- Vegetable oil 1½ Tbsp
- Cracked black pepper
- Lemon ½, juiced
- Kale 170g, shredded, stems removed
- Baby spinach 60g
- Flaked almonds 2 Tbsp
- Toasted pine nuts 1 Tbsp
- Toasted pumpkin seeds 1 Tbsp
- Parmesan 1 Tbsp grated
- Chilli-glazed salmon
- Start by finely slicing the shallots an whisking them together with the rest of the dressing ingredients.
- Massage lemon juice into kale to break down the chewy fibres, then add the baby spinach along with the dressing. Toss, together, then add the nuts, seeds and Parmesan.
- Serve with salmon.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: