Packed full of carbohydrates to fuel your training, the fresh taste from the basil and tomato make this meal, delicimo.
Spaghetti with Roasted Tomato Sauce
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 red pepper thickly sliced
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 400 g 2x cans tomatoes in juice chopped
- 1 tsp MAGGI Garlic stock powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g dried spaghetti
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F. Spray a roasting dish with oil.
- Place red pepper, red onion and tomatoes and juice in dish. Sprinkle over stock powder and season with black pepper. Roast in preheated oven for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook spaghetti following packet instructions.
- Remove tomato mixture from oven and stir in basil, balsamic vinegar and sugar.
- To serve, place drained spaghetti in a bowl. Pour over sauce and garnish with basil leaves. Serve, place drained spaghetti in a bowl. Pour over sauce and garnish with basil leaves. Serve with a green salad garnished with nuts.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: