Chef Ray – Beef, Broccoli & Tomato Stir-Fry Curry
A kick of flavour, the zing of citrus, the bite of curry, with a serving of protein and carbs.
From: Bezzant, Niki; in Healthy Food Guide (Oct 2018) Healthy Life Media
- 1 cup brown rice
- spray oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 300g beef steak, sliced
- 6cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 lemons, or limes, zest and juice
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh chillies, plus extra to garnish (optional), sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- Cook rice following packet instructions. Steam broccoli in microwave for 1-2 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add steak, ginger, garlic and curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, until steak is browned. Add broccoli, tomatoes, soy sauce, lime juice and zest and stir to combine. Add a little water if needed (this is not a saucy curry.) Add kaffir lime leaves, chilli and baby spinach, and cook until leaves are wilted.
- Serve curry with rice, garnish with extra chilli, if using.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my FREE eBook “Coach Ray’s Five Fav Foods” which has my five favourite recipes including my pre-race meal with quality carbs and healthy fats, my breakfast every day and other foods to fuel my training and racing. Click HERE to DOWNLOAD NOW.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: