This Low-GI meal is qwik and easy to prepare. It’ll fuel you for training and help with refuelling after your training.
From: Allston, Darleen; Freer, Chrissy; Macri, Liz; (July 2021) 5pm Panic in: Australian Healthy Food Guide
- 250g high-fibre pasta
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1x 410g can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 1x 400g can no-added-salt lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 80g baby rocket, to serve
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a little olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mushroom and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add tomatoes, lentils, balsamic and 80ml water to pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until thick. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Toss pasta in lentil mixture, then sergve sprinkled with baby rocket.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: