Full of flavour, fuel and protein this meal is qwik and simple to prepare and provides the basis of a healthy diet for you.
Tasty Chinese Chicken with Peanuts
- 2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce plus 1 table spoon extra
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 500 g chicken breast fillets thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 white onion cut into thin wedges
- ½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 sticks celery thinly sliced
- 2 small red capsicums thinly sliced
- 4 cups steamed rice to serve
- 2 Tbsp chopped roasted peanuts to serve
- Place soy sauce, sesame oil and cornflour in a large bowl, mixing to combine. Add chicken, tossing to evenly coat, then set aside for marinate for 10 minutes. Place rice wine and extra soy sauce in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Lightly spray a large wok with oil and heat over high heat. Add chicken in batches and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. remove from wok and set aside.
- Lightly spray wok with oil again. Add onion, chilli and garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Add celery and capsicum and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Return chicken to wok and add sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve on a bed of steamed white rice garnished with peanuts.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: