As promised in the subheading for this recipe book this chicken is Fast & Flavoursome. The orange zing combines with the chilli nicely. Rice provides plenty of healthy carbs for fuel and the chicken provides the protein. Delicious.
- 2 cups uncooked calrose or medium-grain rice
- 1½ cups water
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup red cabbage
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili sauce (or to taste)
- Combine rice and water in a water in a rice cooker.
- While rice is cooking, dust chicken pieces with the rice flour in a bowl or large ziplock bag.
- In a lightly oiled medium sauté pan, cook the chicken until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, onion, and jalapeno and sauté until all are softened, about 3-5 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together orange marmalade, soy sauce, and chili sauce.
- Pour dressing over chicken and vegetable mixture and stir well to incorporate. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them by taking photos of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing, and recovery. Click here to purchase.