Chef Ray – Indian Potato & Chickpea Wraps
This was a simple dinner to prepare and any leftovers are excellent as lunch the following day.
From: Dixon, Jeremy (2011) The Revive Cafe Cookbook
- 3 large potatoes
- 6 large burritos (tortilla flat bread)
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 400g can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons date puree or honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- oil for brushing
- ½ cup fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Cut potato into cubes and cook for around 10-15 minutes in boiling water until soft. Drain and mash roughly.
- Fry onion in oil until clear in a separate pan.
- Add spices to onion and cook for around 1 more minute stirring regularly.
- Combine all ingredients (except burritos). Reserve some cumin seeds and sesame seeds for garnish.
- Place 1 cup of the mixture in middle of burrito, bring sides in first and wrap.
- Brush with a little oil and add some extra sesame seeds and cumin seeds on top for garnish.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180°C (350°F) to crisp them up.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery. Click here to purchase.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously:
Get more great recipes like this from the Revive Cookbook:
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published a couple of years ago: