This was a fantastic salad that I took to a shared meal and it was a massive hit.
Beef Lentil Beetroot & Feta Salad
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 400g can no-added-salt lentils, drained and rinsed
- 150g rocket and/or baby spinach leaves
- 425g can baby beetroot, drained
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced in half moons
- 300g sliced roast beef
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 4 thick slices wholegrain bread stick, to serve
- Whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a bowl, add the drained lentils; mix, set aside.
- On a large platter, arrange the beetroot and cucumbers. Spoon the lentils evenly over the salad and drizzle with any extra dressing.
- Cover with slices of roast beet and then crumble over the feta. Sprinkle with seeds and garnish with mint leaves. Add cracked black pepper to taste. Serve with sliced bread stick.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: