This cookies are a great snack during or after training, they are easy to prepare but make sure you have enough lead time.
Cinnamon Ginger Cookies with Lemon Glaze
- 5 Medjool dates pitted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp molasses
- 4 Tbsp butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ zest and juice of lemon
- Place the dates in a small microwave-safe bowl, and add 1 cup water. Microwave for 1 minute. Drain the dates, and use your fingers to peel off the skins. In a food processor, combine the dates with the maple syrup and molasses. Blend until they form a paste, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the date mixture and the egg, and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and cloves. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture a little at a time, mixing until just combined after each addition. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 2 hours. (Or place in freezer for 20 minutes.)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Using a small cookie scoop, form the dough into 16 balls. (The dough will be sticky.) Place on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 12 minutes. Let cool completely before adding the glaze.
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. When the cookies have cooled, dip the tops of the cookies in the glaze and sprinkle with lemon zest. Let the glaze set before serving.
If you don’t like lemon, omit the glaze and coat the cookie in powdered sugar before baking to give it added sweetness and an interesting design. After forming the dough into balls coat in powdered sugar, turning to fully coat. Bake as directed.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously:
Whether you’re training for your first 6-mile run or preparing for your latest marathon, this sports nutrition guide will help you achieve your running goals!
Get ready to power your runs with recipes from Olympian Emma Coburn. Packed with delicious, wholesome meals that will sustain you through the toughest workouts, it’s the ultimate cookbook for runners!
Inside the pages of this recipe and meal planning book for athletes, you’ll find:
• 100 satisfying recipes from Emma’s kitchen – from breakfast to desserts – all with complete nutritional information
• 7 day meal plans for peak training, race week, and recovery
• Insights into Emma’s personal nutrition philosophy and training schedule
This cookbook is packed with mouthwatering recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus snacks and sweet treats, all with complete nutritional information. From everything bagels and naan flatbread to protein-packed chocolate mousse and cinnamon cookies, this flavor-forward cookbook proves that food can be delicious and nourishing at the same time.
The Runner’s Kitchen shows you that fueling for performance doesn’t have to mean flavorless foods. It means finding a balance that allows you to provide your body with the fuel it needs to perform and recover while still enjoying the foods you love.
Learn what Emma eats to gain strength and speed with scrumptious meals designed to improve your running performance. Discover tips on what to eat before, during, and after your runs for peak performance and quick recovery.
Serious Running Requires Serious Fuel
How you fuel is just as important as how you train to reach your full potential as an athlete. From getting the right nutrients to help boost your performance to recovery-friendly recipes, this book will equip you with all the information you need to get the most from your training. It’s the perfect gift for runners and athletes.