Colours, flavours, Delicious!!!! This meal packs it all into a single bowl. Enjoy.
Taro Toss with Miso Honey Chilli Sauce and Lime-Glazed Chicken
- 200 g taro or kumara, spiralised, or cut into thin strips
- oil spray
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned or spiralised
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 courgettes, julienned or spiralised
- ½ cup shelled frozen edamame beans
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 250 g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced into thirds
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 2 Tbsps. miso paste
- 1 tsp reduced-slat soy sauce
- 2 cm piece ginger finely chopped
- 2 Tbsps. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 chili finely chopped
- Fill a pot with water and bring to the boil. Add taro. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until taro is almost cooked through. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Spray a large pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add spring onions and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes. Add carrot, capsicum, and courgettes and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add taro to pan and stir-fry for a minute.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients with ¼ cup water and mix well. Add sauce to pan and stir through vegetables. Add edamame beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes until taro is cooked through. Set aside.
- In another pan, heat oil over medium-high. Add chicken and cook, turning, until cooked through and golden (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and squeeze over lime juice. Toss. Sprinkle with lime zest.
- To serve, divide vege mixture and chicken between 2 plates.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them by taking photos of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing, and recovery. Click here to purchase.