Packed full of carbohydrates from the couscous to fuel your training and protein from the steak to assist with your recovery, this is a great meal for busy athletes.
Peppered Beef with Caramelised Onion Couscous
- olive or canola oil spray
- 3 onions sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ cups couscous
- 2 tsp MAGGI Chicken Stock Powder
- juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 lean beef fillet steaks
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat. Add onions and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes or until soft and golden, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Place couscous, stock powder, lemon juice and rind in a bowl. Pour over boiling water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Stir in caramelised onions, mustard and parsley.
- Sprinkle both side of beef with ground black pepper. Place under preheated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes each side.
- To serve, place spinach leaves on plate, top with couscous. Slice beef and place on top.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: