Pasta is a great source of fuel to assist with replacing expended energy from a hard or long workout.
Pasta with Broccoli, Peas and Chicken
- 250 grams wholemeal spiral pasta
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 300 grams cooked skinless chicken shredded
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup grated parmesan to serve
- In a large pan of boiling water, cook pasta following packet instructions. Add broccoli and peas for the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving ¼ cup of pasta cooking water. Return pasta to the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium. Sauté garlic, chilli and lemon zest for 1 minute. Add chicken and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- To the pasta pan, add the chicken mixture, parsley, spinach, lemon juice and 1-2 tablespoons of the reserved cooking liquid. Toss to combine. Divide pasta among 4 bowls, sprinkle with grated parmesan and season with cracked black pepper, to serve.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery. Click here to purchase.