A delicious, healthy meal for a hot summer evening. The fresh vegetables provide plenty of vitamins.
Tandoori Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1 tbsp tandoori paste
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 500 g chicken breast fillet sliced in strips
- 250 g button mushroom sliced
- oil spray
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh mint plus extra, to serve
- 1 Lebanese cucumber chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped red onion
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 3 cups steamed basmati rice
- ⅓ cup mango chutney
- Combine tandoori paste and 2 tablespoons of yoghurt in a large bowl. Add chicken and mushrooms. Stir to combine.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Spray with oil then add half the chicken mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until golden and cooked. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Respray with oil and add the remaining the chicken mixture. Return all the chicken mixture to pan and add peas. Heat through.
- Meanwhile, combine chopped mint and the remaining yoghurt in a small bowl. Combine cucumber, onion and tomatoes in a medium-sized bowl. Serve chicken with cucumber mixture, rice, chutney and minted yoghurt. Garnish with extra mint.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery. Click here to purchase.