Qwik and easy to prepare this meal you can easily utilise left overs for work lunches or a meal on the run.
Grilled Chicken Yoghurt Skewers with Hummus Yoghurt
- 8 wooden skewers
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lemon grated zest and juice
- 600 g chicken breast fillets cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 medium-sized red capsicum cut into 2cm chunks
- 4 corn cobs
- 400 g can chickpeas in spring water drained, rinsed
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 large bunches spinach trimmed, roughly chopped
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 5 minutes. Mix oil, oregano and lemon zest in a large shallow dish. Add chicken to dish and toss to coat. Thread chicken chunks and capsicum alternatively onto soaked skewers.
- Heat a barbecue hotplate to high or spray a large grill pan with oil and set over a high heat. Cook chicken skewers and corn cobs, turning, for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is golden and just cooked through and corn cobs are cooked and slightly charred. Cut each corn cob into 4 pieces. Cover chicken skewers and corn to keep warm and set aside.
- Meanwhile, blend chickpeas, yoghurt, lemon juice in a food processor until mixture forms a smooth hummus yoghurt.
- Steam chopped spinach for 1-2 minutes or until just wilted.
- Serve reserved grilled chicken skewers and charred corn with hummus yoghurt and steamed spinach.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: