Fresh and delicious this meal is packed full of flavour.
Massaman Curry with Jasmine and Pea Rice
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 4 shallots sliced
- 450 g beef chuck steak trimmed, cubed
- ½ cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 4 tsp massaman curry paste or medium curry paste
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup passata
- ¼ cup unsalted cashew nuts
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cardamom pods lightly crushed
- ¼ cup sultanas
- 2 potatoes peeled, cubed
- 2 carrots peeled, sliced
- ¾ cup jasmine rice
- ¾ cup peas
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil over medium-high. Add shallots and cook for a few minutes. Add beef and brown, stirring continuously, until evenly coloured. Remove beef and shallots from pan and set aside.
- To the pan, add half of the stock and heat. Stir in curry paste and cook for a minute to release the curry flavours and aromas.
- Return beef and shallots to the pan. Add remaining curry ingredients and 1½ cups water. Stir to combine. Cover the pan, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 1½ hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, to a saucepan of boiling water, add rice. Cook for 15 minutes then add the peas. Cook for 5 more minutes and drain well.
- Serve the curry with rice and fresh coriander.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: