Chef Ray – Dark Chocolate Rocky Road
A delicious wee treat that you can share with the whole family, that doesn’t have any added sugar.
From: Ray, Kerrie; Choc-a-Block Easter In (Apr 18) Healthy Food Guide
- 150g white marshmallows
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup shelled salted pistachios
- 4 cups plain air-popped popcorn
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 180g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 29cm x 16cm rectangular tin with baking paper.
- Cut marshmallows into quarters using scissors. In a large bowl, place marshmallows, coconut, pistachios, popcorn, dried apricots, cranberries and goji berries. Mix well.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt chocolate on high power in the microwave for 1 minute, or until melted and smooth. Stir chocolate halfway through cooking to prevent burning.
- Pour chocolate over marshmallow mixture, quickly stir, then pour mixture into prepared tin. Spread mixture over base with a spatula. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes, or until set. Cut into squares or break into pieces to serve.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published last year: