Fuel to keep energy levels up, they are basically a pumpkin pie on the go, without the pastry.
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsps. virgin coconut oil
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- In a food processor, combine the dates, coconut, cashews, cocoa, coconut oil, and salt. Pulse a few times to chop the ingredients and then process on high speed for 1 to 2 minutes, stopping once or tice to scrape down the sides of the bowl and underneath the blade. Process until ingredients clump together.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Add the mixture and use your hands to spread out. Use a metal spatula to firmly press into an even layer filling the bottom of the dish. Chill for 30 minutes in the fridge and then slice into 16 bars(a pizza cutter works great).
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them by taking photos of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing, and recovery. Click here to purchase.