Chef Ray: No-Bake Cheesecake
Who doesn’t love a nice and easy cheesecake? This one is delicious and easy to prepare.
From: Covell, Lottie (Jul 2017) in: HFG Makeover Healthy Food Guide
- 200g plain Digestive biscuits
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 75g reduced-fat spread, melted
- 4 gelatine leaves
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 375g low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 220g Philadelphia extra light cream cheese spread, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, sifted to dust
- In a food processor, place biscuits and blitz to form fine crumbs. Add cinnamon and melted spread, then blitz again.
- Line a 20cm loose-bottom cake tin with baking paper. Press biscuit mixture evenly into the bottom, using the back of a wet spoon. Chill in the fridge while you make the topping.
- In a small bowl of cold water, soak gelatine for 5 minutes. In a food processor, place banana’s, maple syrup, vanilla bean paste, yoghurt and cream cheese. Blitz until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Drain the soaked gelatine, then mix with 3 tablespoons boiling water until smooth and pour into cream cheese mixture. Mix well, then pour over chilled biscuit base. Return to fridge and chill for at least 12 hours, or overnight.
- Dust cheesecake with cocoa powder just before serving.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published last year: