Chef Ray: Chargrilled Beef with Almond Pesto
Making pesto is simply and easy, and this recipe combines it with a nice hearty steak for protein.
From: Swain, Sarah (Nov 2019) in: 5pm Panic Healthy Food Guide
- 4x 100g lean beef steaks
- black pepper
- 300g wholemeal spaghetti
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- ½ cup fresh basil, plus extra, to garnish
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 6 cups rocket
- Season steaks with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Set to one side and allow to come to room temperature.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain, reserving 5 tablespoons of pasta water for the pesto.
- Meanwhile, place pesto ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth, adding reserved pasta water. Add to pasta and toss to coat evenly. Add tomatoes and rocket. Season and toss once more.
- Set a griddle or non-stick pan over a high heat. Add steaks and cook for 1-2 minutes either side, or until your liking. Remove from pan and rest.
- Divide pasta among plates. Slice steak and place on top of pasta. Garnish with extra basil leaves and freshly ground black pepper.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my FREE eBook “Coach Ray’s Five Fav Foods” which has my five favourite recipes including my pre-race meal with quality carbs and healthy fats, my breakfast every day and other foods to fuel my training and racing. Click HERE to DOWNLOAD NOW.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: