Chef Ray – Peanut Butter Brownies
A delicious wee treat that you can share with the whole family.
From: Unknown Author; Sweet Treats In (Mar 15) Healthy Food Guide
- 125g dark chocolate
- 60g reduced-fat spread
- ⅓ cup castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa, sifted
- ¼ cup no-added-salt, no-added-sugar smooth peanut butter, warmed
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 20cm square cake tin with a sheet of baking paper, leaving 3cm overhanging on all sides.
- Melt dark chocolate and spread in a small saucepan set over a low heat. Whisk sugar into chocolate mixture then leave to cool for 10 minutes. Whisk vanilla, eggs, flour and cocoa into mixture to make batter.
- Pour batter into prepared tin. Place small dollops of peanut butter in batter. Use a skewer to swirl peanut butter into batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until skewer inserted into the brownie centre comes out clean. Leave to cool completely in tin.
- Cut brownie into 9 squares. Halve each square diagonally to make 18 triangular brownies.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published a couple of years ago: