Chef Ray – Chilli Beef with Cashews and Greens
This meal is packed full of flavour, the sauce makes this meal.
From: Bezzant, Niki; in Healthy Food Guide Meals for One & Two (2018) Healthy Life Media
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 150g lean sirloin steak
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- ¼ cup hot water
- 4 cups chopped choy sum leaves and stalks
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 4cm piece of ginger, finely sliced
- 2 cups sliced green beans (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup shelled frozen edamame beans, defrosted
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, to serve
- crispy seaweed, sliced, to garnish (optional)
- In a pan, heat 1 teaspoon of sesame oil over high. Add steak and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan and set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine sauces and the remaining sesame oil with hot water. Set aside.
- Return pan to a medium-high heat. Add choy sum, garlic, ginger and green beans and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add edamame beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Slice in beef in 1cm slices. Add beef and any juices back in the pan. Remove pan from heat, then add sauce and let it bubble and reduce, returning to heat if necessary. Add cashews and stir.
- Divide rice and beef between 2 plates. Garnish with crispy seaweed, if desired.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my FREE eBook “Coach Ray’s Five Fav Foods” which has my five favourite recipes including my pre-race meal with quality carbs and healthy fats, my breakfast every day and other foods to fuel my training and racing. Click HERE to DOWNLOAD NOW.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: