Chef Ray: Simple Sirloin with Herb Salad
A great source of iron and protein, plus the salad provides plenty of vitamins.
From: Evans, Pete (2019) Easy Keto Pan McMillan Australia Pty Ltd
- 4x 160g sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or good-quality animal fat
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 handfuls of flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 handful of chervil leaves
- 1 small handful of chives, snipped into 4cm lengths
- 2 handfuls of mixed salad leaves
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 100g Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 Garlic Confit cloves crushed
- Heat a barbecue grill plate to hot or a large chargrill pan over high heat.
- Brush the steaks with the coconut oil or fat and season with salt and pepper. Cook the steaks on one side for 3 minutes, or until golden, then flip and cook the other side for 3 minutes for medium-rare. Place the steaks on a plate, loosely cover with a cloth and rest for 4-6 minutes, keeping warm.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place all the herb salad ingredients in a large bowl, pour in only enough dressing to coat the leaves and gently toss.
- To make the mustard aioli, mix the mayonnaise, mustard and garlic confit together and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon the remaining dressing over the steak, if desired, and serve with the salad and mustard aioli.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously:
For more great recipes like this get Pete Evan’s Easy Keto Cookbook.
The ketogenic diet – a style of eating that is low in carbs and rich in healthy fats – is a powerful way to transform your health, lose weight and find relief from common health problems. In this practical, one-stop guide, Pete Evans gives you the essential information you’ll need to transition to this way of eating, including:
* The benefits of a keto diet
* Guidelines on carbohydrates found in common foods
* Eating, shopping and pantry tips
* More than 70 simple and delicious recipes
As always, Pete’s recipes are quick, easy to make and full of bright, fresh flavours.
Easy Keto is for anyone interested in this way of eating who is unsure of how to get started. With some basic guidelines it has never been simpler or more enticing to reclaim your health and go keto!