Chef Ray – Lamb with Tomato, Watermelon and Feta Salad
Fresh and delicious this meal is packed full of flavour.
From: Bezzant, Niki; in Healthy Food Guide Meals for One & Two (2018) Healthy Life Media
- 300g lamb leg steaks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons plain or lemon infused olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups chopped watermelon, seeds removed
- 1 telegraph cucumber, finely sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 50g feta, crumbled
- cracked black pepper
- fresh mint, to garnish
- In a shallow dish, place lamb steaks and rub over smoked paprika and 1 teaspoon of the oil. heat a heavy-based pan over high and cook steaks for 2-3 minutes eachs ide, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and set aside to rest.
- In a salad bowl, combine lemon juice and the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. Add watermelon, cucumber, tomatoes and avocado, tossing to coat. Add feta and mix gently.
- Slice lamb into narrow strips.
- To serve, divide salad between 2 plates. Arrange lamb on top, season with pepper and garnish with mint.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: