Chef Ray – Pork and Grilled Apple Quinoa
Apple goes so well with pork and this recipe is no exception.
From: Meharg, Tracey; (2015) 5pm Panic 100+ Quick and Easy Meals Healthy Life Media
- 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup diced kumara
- 1 cup diced pumpkin
- 2 small red apples, cored, cut in eighths
- 3 large courgettes, sliced diagonally
- 500g pork tenderloin, trimmed, halved
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Cook quinoa in a saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Steam or microwave kumara and pumpkin until tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place a large chargrill pan over a high heat. Cook apples and courgettes for 2 minutes, turning once, or until just tender and golden. Transfer into a large heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook pork, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden and cooked to your liking. Transfer pork to a heatproof board and stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Add pumpkin seeds, feta, onions and quinoa to apple mixture and stir. Gently stir through kumara and pumpkin. Season with pepper. Serve apple quinoa topped with pork.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: