Although I wasn’t hungover, this made a great dinner that my daughter helped me whip up qwikly one evening.
Bacon and Egg Hangover Salad
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 slice grainy bread toasted and cut into 2cm cubes
- ¼ brown onion sliced, fried
- 4 large leaves romaine, cos or iceberg lettuce torn
- 1 rasher lean bacon cooked
- 1 egg fried, sunny side up
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan to serve
- handful of chopped fresh Italian parsley to serve
- ground black pepper to serve
- In a small jar, place hot sauce, tomato, vinegar, garlic, mustard, oil and 20ml of water. Shake vigorously.
- On a serving plate, build salad by layering toast, onion, lettuce, bacon and egg.
- To serve, scatter with the dressing, parmesan, parsley and black pepper.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: