Wednesday Windtrainer Workout: 30-20-10 Intervals A
Riding at your VO2 Max will help develop your ability to time trial and to ride long climbs. This session will help you develop that and is great for all cyclists including triathletes and mountain bikers.
Each Wednesday I’ll post a Wind Trainer session that you can do in about 60 minutes to enhance your cycling. See a previous post about training intensity (Levels) to know how hard to work. If you are working directly with Coach Ray he will in most cases prescribe either a Power Zone or Heart Rate Zone to work within if you are training with these tools.
30-20-10 Intervals A
- 10min Warm Up Level II;
- 5x 30sec Level II, 20sec Level IV, 10sec Level V;
- 10min Cool Down Level II;
- 10min Stretching
Start the workout with a warm up of ten minutes easy riding at Level II.
The main set involves completing five reps. Each rep involves riding at Level II for 30 seconds, before increasing the intensity to Level IV for 20 seconds and then finishing the rep with 10 seconds at Level V.
The biggest problem people have with this session is not riding easy enough at Level II and then not riding hard enough at Level V. Make it super easy and make it super HARD.
Conclude the intervals with ten minutes riding at Level II for your Cool Down.
Finish with ten minutes stretching to assist with your recovery.
If you would like further advice feel free to contact me.
I am the Head Coach & Director of Qwik Kiwi – Endurance Sports Consultant.
I specialise in assisting first timers and recreational athletes to achieve their sporting goals. I can be contacted at email@example.com and 021 348 729. Make sure you sign up to my informative newsletter.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this workout, here is a similar session I published 12 months ago.
I have launched a new coaching service in the coming weeks and am now offering Initial Memberships at the lowest price that they will ever be offered for. You will gain access to ALL my training plans. The Foundation Membership is only offered whilst I build the site out and get my training plans built into the site. Join now for only $67 and gain access to Training Plans for beginner and recreational athletes:
- All distances of Triathlon (including both Ironman and Ironman 70.3);
- Full and Half Marathon’s, 5km & 10km running events;
- Century and 40km TT cycle events;
- Mountain Biking events and tours;
- Swim training plans;
- Strength training; and
- Getting started with both swimming and running.
If the programme you are after isn’t yet built into the site, let me know which one you are after and I will ensure that is the next plan built into the site for you.
Normally I charge NZ$500 per month for my coaching but you’ll get the advantage of:
- A dedicated training plan on Training Tilt (value $500)
- Access to a fortnightly group coaching call (value $30 per call x2 = $60)
- The event Training Bible (value $37 for each event plan)
- Access to my popular Top 10 Healthy RecipeseBook ($27)
- Access to my popular 7 Secrets of Endurance Training Success eBook ($17)
- The dedicated Coach Ray / Qwik Kiwi Coaching support group (priceless)
That’s a total value of over $641, and you will only pay $67 per month. All at no risk, if you don’t get faster in the first 30 days you get a full 100% money back guarantee.
This price will be grandfathered for you at the low price for as long as you remain a member.