Delicious and simple.
Nicoise Pasta Salad
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1 cup pasta cooked
- 1 can (140gm) tuna drained and gently flaked
- 230 gm green beans uncooked or lightly steamed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs sliced
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard coarse-ground
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon juice
- In a large bowl combine salad greens, pasta and tuna.
- To steam the green beans, place 1/2 cup of water in a saute pan and cook over medium-high heat until most of the water has evaporated and the beans are bright green. Add to salad.
- To make the dressing: Put the egg yolks, garlic, mustard and vinegar in a blender. Turn blender to low speed to incorporate the ingredients, then keep motor running and carefully drizzle in oil and lemon juice. Add more oil if you like a thinner dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dressing and hard boiled eggs to salad, toss gently.
Serve with crusty bread and top with fresh grated parmesan.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery. Click here to purchase.
Chef Biju and Dr. Lim vetted countless meals with the world’s best endurance athletes in the most demanding test kitchens. In The Feed Zone Cookbook: Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes, Thomas and Lim share their energy-packed, wholesome recipes to make meals easy to prepare, delicious to eat, and better for performance.
The Feed Zone Cookbook provides 150 delicious recipes that even the busiest athletes can prepare in less time than it takes to warm up for a workout. With simple recipes requiring just a handful of ingredients, Biju and Allen show how easy it is for athletes to prepare their own food, whether at home or on the go.
The Feed Zone Cookbook strikes the perfect balance between science and practice so that athletes will change the way they think about food, replacing highly processed food substitutes with real, nourishing foods that will satisfy every athlete’s cravings.
The Feed Zone Cookbook includes
- 150 delicious recipes illustrated with full-color photographs
- Breakfasts, lunches, recovery meals, dinners, snacks, desserts
- Dr. Allen Lim’s take on the science and practice of food
- Portable real food snacks, including Lim’s famous rice cakes
- Dozens of quick-prep meals for before and after workouts
- Shortcuts, substitutions, and techniques to save time in the kitchen
- Over 100 gluten-free and vegetarian alternatives to favorite dishes