Chef Ray: Macaroni Cheese with Green Veges
From: Unknown Author (May 2015) 10 Favourite Pasta Recipes in Healthy Food Guide
- 300g macaroni pasta
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- oil spray
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 4 cups salad greens
- 3 tablespoons balsamic dressing (made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to one part olive oil)
- Cook macaroni following packet directions. Add beans and peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and vegetables. Return to the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium-sized saucepan with oil. Cook onions over a medium heat for 2 minutes, or until softened. Whisk together milk and cornflour until smooth, then pour into saucepan whilst stirring. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan, pasta and vegetables. Serve with salad and combined olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.