Chef Ray: Qwik Fish Curry
This curry is nice and easy to make and is a great way of cooking fresh fish.
From: Ray, Kerrie; 5pm Panic In (Dec 17) Healthy Food Guide
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300ml light coconut milk
- 450g white fish fillets, cut into chunks
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- 1 bunch gai lan or other Asian greens, cut into 6cm lengths
- 1½ cups sliced green beans
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2x 250g packs microwavable brown rice, to serve
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high. Add curry paste and garlic, stirring for about 1 minute. Add coconut milk and ⅔ cup of water. Bring to a simmer.
- Add fish and courgettes to pan and simmer, covered, for 2-3 minutes. Add gai lan and green beans. Simmer for a further 2-3 minutes. Stir through spring onions.
- Divide curry and heated rice among 4 plates. Garnish with fresh coriander, if desired.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.