Chef Ray – Peach Chutney
This is great to serve with grilled meats or roast chicken.
From: Thomas, Biju & Lim, Allen (2011) The Feedzone Cookbook – Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes Velo Press
- 4-6 medium peaches, coarsely chopped (no need to remove the skin)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white or apple cider vinegar
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place all ingredients for the Peach Chutney in a large heavy pot. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until peaches have softened and the syrup has turned a caramel colour, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Run in a food processor or blender for a few seconds to achieve an even chunky consistency.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published 18 months ago:
For more great recipes like this get the Feedzone Cookbook.
Chef Biju and Dr. Lim vetted countless meals with the world’s best endurance athletes in the most demanding test kitchens. In The Feed Zone Cookbook: Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes, Thomas and Lim share their energy-packed, wholesome recipes to make meals easy to prepare, delicious to eat, and better for performance.
The Feed Zone Cookbook provides 150 delicious recipes that even the busiest athletes can prepare in less time than it takes to warm up for a workout. With simple recipes requiring just a handful of ingredients, Biju and Allen show how easy it is for athletes to prepare their own food, whether at home or on the go.
The Feed Zone Cookbook strikes the perfect balance between science and practice so that athletes will change the way they think about food, replacing highly processed food substitutes with real, nourishing foods that will satisfy every athlete’s cravings.
The Feed Zone Cookbook includes
- 150 delicious recipes illustrated with full-color photographs
- Breakfasts, lunches, recovery meals, dinners, snacks, desserts
- Dr. Allen Lim’s take on the science and practice of food
- Portable real food snacks, including Lim’s famous rice cakes
- Dozens of quick-prep meals for before and after workouts
- Shortcuts, substitutions, and techniques to save time in the kitchen
- Over 100 gluten-free and vegetarian alternatives to favorite dishes