Chef Ray: Chocolate, Date & Fig Truffles
This was qwik and easy to prepare, so easy to prepare my 3 year old nephew helped me.
From: Macri, Liz (Jul 2017) in: Sweet Treats Healthy Food Guide
- 150g dates, pitted
- ¼ cup hot water
- 150g dried figs, stems discarded, quartered
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, plus 1 tablespoon extra for rolling
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Soak dates in water for 30 minutes. Reserve water.
- In a food processor, blend or process dates, figs, pumpkin seeds, pecans, almond meal, cocoa and vanilla until almost smooth and combined. If mixture is too dry, add a little of the date water and blend further.
- Roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into 30 balls, then roll in extra cocoa. Store truffles in the fridge in an airtight container.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Download my FREE eBook “Coach Ray’s Five Fav Food’s” by clicking this link: https://qwikkiwicoaching.clickfunnels.com/coachraysfivefavfoods
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published last year: