Chef Ray – Quick Beetroot Relish
I prepared this quick relish, as part of some naked burgers that I made recently for some friends. So delicious and far more interesting than simply using sliced beetroot.
From: Lim, Nadia (2015) Nadia Lim’s Fresh Start Cookbook Penguin Random House
Makes 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 1 medium beetroot, coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook red onion, for 2-3 minutes until soft and just starting to caramelise.
- Add grated beetroot, ginger, balsamic vinegar and honey and continue cooking, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes.
Get more great recipes like this from the Nadia’s cookbook:
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published a couple of years ago: