Filling and flavoursome, this meal provides protein from the mince and plenty of vitamins and minerals from the kumara and carrots—a great way to fuel future training.
Cheesy Beef and Carrot Stack
- 500 g kumara (orange), scrubbed, chopped in cubes
- 2 coves garlic crushed
- 700 g tomato passata
- 3 carrots, scrubbed, grated
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- spray oil
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 2 light plain or spinach wraps
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 6 cups salad greens, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180℃ / 355°F. Place kumara in a saucepan of water and bring to a boil. Cook until kumara is soft and then mash.
- Heat a non-stivk saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add a little oil spray then garlic and mince and brow all over. Add passata and stir. Turn off heat.
- Spray the base of the heatproof dish with oil. Lay 1 wrap on base, then layer mince, mashed, kumara and carrot on top. Spread all of the cottage cheese over another wrap then lay wrap, cottage cheese-side down, on top of carrot. Repeat layering: mince, mashed kumara then carrot on top. Finish with a layer of parmesan.
- Cook in oven for 15 minutes. Season with black pepper and garnish with chopped fresh parsley. If preferred. Serve with salad.
Although I’m not a qualified chef, I pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them by taking photos of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (regular $27). It is packed with Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing, and recovery. Click here to purchase.